Thursday, January 7, 2010

Richmond, VA Bridal Portrait











How many of you, when you were young, loved to look at your mom's bridal portrait? Will your children have a portrait of you in your wedding gown?

So many brides-to-be today are choosing not to have a bridal portrait done. "I'll just get something on the wedding day," is what we hear a lot. We keep our bridal portrait package separate from our wedding album packages for this very reason--not wanting to pressure anyone into getting something they don't want.

We have found, though, that the wedding day can bring unexpected complications; such as, the hair dresser doesn't finish with your hair on time, your makeup takes longer to apply, wedding party members get waylaid and don't get you dressed in time, and the weather doesn't cooperate for any outside wedding day portraits, and the list goes on. We always tell our brides if you truly want a portrait of yourself in the gown you took forever to find, take the time to have the portrait done prior to the ceremony when the time is "just about you."

Many of our brides, who did get their portraits done prior to the wedding day, said they were glad for other reasons. They found out if they liked the hair style, if their alterations were done right (especially for strapless gowns), if they could stand long periods of time in their shoes, if they liked their jewelry, if their makeup was right, and many more things. Usually, if you don't have a bridal portrait, you don't see yourself all made up until your wedding day.

I was one of those brides who did not want a portrait. I thank my mom and grandmother for pressuring me and practically dragging me out for my bridal portrait prior to the wedding day. Our wedding day was full of little things that took time away from having the time to do a good portrait of just me and my wedding gown. Also, it is so nice to show our children that their mom was really thin at one time!!! My children and I truly cherish my bridal portrait.










No comments:

Post a Comment